Monday, March 12, 2007

Wish You Were Here!

It's Monday morning here, and I'm getting ready for my second full day in the great city of Dubai. Yesterday, we did some shopping in the bigget mall outside of North America, then we tried to find the track. Sorry all you race fans, but looks like I missed the races by one day and the horses won't be back until later this month. The track looked cool from the outside though. In our quest to find the horse track, we also found the camel racetrack, so we got to see some camels cross the road in front of our car. After spending some time in a traffic jam (only an hour or so) we headed to Wadi City where they were showing movies under the stars. They had a big screen set up and hundreds of huge pillows on the top of the roof. The movies of the night were Flashdance and Dirty Dancing. We only stayed to see the first movie, Flashdance, but it was a fun experience. I'm still fighting some jet lag as I've woken up both nights I've been here around 3 in the morning and can't fall back asleep forever. Other than that, everything is great.

We are off to the beach today, it's ladies day. Can't wait to put my feet in the Persian Gulf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shopping! Sounds like a perfect vacation to me.

Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I'd been thinking about you and wondering if you made the trip ok. Glad you're having fun. Soak up the sun for me too!

Anonymous said...

Trix, wish you were here with me, then you could change your blog.

Love,

babs