Schools Out: I've been enjoying my first week of no school, but I did get the call yesterday that I'll be teaching summer school (sorry Krista, no Nebraska for me). I'm actually looking forward to it, well, the pay check and a little bit of a schedule. I'm done by 10:15 every morning, so it only takes part of my day.
Nature Watching: I love listening to the cicadas. I've been driving with my windows down and the radio off in certain areas just so I can listen to their singing. I also saw a strange sight the other day. A opossum (or maybe a raccoon) was climbing up a tree and there was a deer standing next to the tree just watching him. It was a strange sight in the middle of the Chicago suburbs at 5:30 in the afternoon.
Activities: On Monday I start tennis lessons. Looking forward to meeting some new people and actually learning some basics of the game. I'm also considering running in a half marathon in August. I've started running a little again, so if I commit I'm ready to go. I had a nice run this morning minus freaking out a few times when the aforementioned cicadas landed on me.
White Sox: What can I say. I'd just like to see a winner. We are going tonight, the promotion is mullet night with fireworks. Should at least provide some kind of excitement.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So now I have found yours! I may be in for the half. I would really like to. I'll let you know.
Post a Comment