I just finished eating a bowl of ice cream after raking the leaves. I find it enjoyable that it was warm enough outside (65 degrees) to warrant ice cream instead of hot chocolate. This weekend has been quite full. I started by helping some people clean the house they just bought. I couldn't help feeling a little jealous of this happily married couple in their cute new house. While I was there they got a call from a relative telling them they were pregnant, and I couldn't help but overhear the conversation. Turns out this couple who I'm feeling jealous about cannot have children even though that's what they really want. It reminds me that other people can understand my struggle to really want something that just seems so elusive.
Anyway, on Saturday my grandma came and visited. It was quite the the trip for her and I was proud of her for doing something that she was nervous about doing. She told me quite a few stories, but she also told me that when I was little I was hard to love. Now, I already knew that I was a little on the difficult side when I was younger, and thought this was hysterical. My grandma felt so bad and must have lost sleep over it, because this morning the first thing she did was apologize for saying that.
Today was the jingle bell 5k. I wish that I had a better run, but you just could'nt ask for a more perfect day for running. I'm looking forward to the rest of day and of course the Amazing Race!!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good weekend and could enjoy some ice cream! (I know how much you love warm weather.)
Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment