I made a quick trip to Chicago this weekend for the funeral of my aunt Roseanne. Her death was not a suprise, but because of slow communication I found out about the 8:15 am visitation while at an away basketball game at 7:15 pm the night before. Really an unimportant detail, just thought I'd mention it. Here's some of my observations from the day.
1. Alter boys are getting older. I'm not in catholic churches very often, but the normal pre-teen alter boys (and girls) were grown men (like in their 60s).
2. I'm on what I like to call the "class reunion diet," but if looking at my family is any indication, I'm in for a rough road. I haven't seen that whole side of the family in a long time and lets just say we are a big group.
3. I'm destined to have flat tires. Good thing I know how to change a tire (even though currently my spare is also flat). Just to top things off the only person who offered to help me change the tire (besides my mom, who offered her help and support the whole time) came as I was lowering the jack.
4. A little (or a lot) of sleep can make a world of difference.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment