Today was the big 20 mile run. I was super nervous going into it and super happy that it is over. I've calculated the amount of runs that I was supposed to do to train and if I don't miss anymore in the next three weeks, I will have done about 90% of the runs. It hasn't made me any faster, but I hope that I'm more prepared than last year.
Have you ever been to the dog or horse track? They have this rabbit that is attached to a pole that goes around the track for the animals to chase. I felt kind of like that rabbit today. I'm one of the slowest runners that I know, and I'm okay with that. Today though there were 2 groups of people running and I felt like their bunny. I would pass them while they stopped for a break and it was like they were thinking "okay, let's go catch that rabbit." I guess it was good for them, but a little unsettling for me that they could stop and drink and use the bathroom and I would keep running and then they would pass me until the next stop where I would keep going and they would take a several minute break only to catch me again. In the end, it doesn't matter because I finished what I set out to do. Maybe someday I'll be quick and they won't be able to catch me.
On a totally different subject, I think after a year of searching I've found a person to do my hair that I like and have confidence in. Hooray, that's almost as big an accomplishment as running 20 miles.
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You don't give yourself enough credit. It took us a LONG time to catch up with you...and that doesn't count the stop time. AND we only caught up twice. You have a good pace and I really think you staying faithful to the schedule has helped.
So do we have a new nickname for you? =)
Post a Comment